- AP piece on the horrible bills in the Legislature this year.
- Jason Mercier's op-ed in the Bellingham Herald and the Wenatchee World on legislative transparency. Here is Mercier's model language for a solution to the problem.
- Tri-City Herald story on the town of Mesa, nearly bankrupted because of its flagrant Public Records Act violations.
- Kitsap Sun editorial on the U.S. Supreme Court's decision in a FOIA case involving records in Kitsap County.
- Yakima Herald-Republic editorial on Sunshine Week.
- The (Everett) Herald editorial on legislative transparency and Sunshine Week.
- AP piece on President Obama's failure to deliver on promises of more openness in the federal government.
Monday, March 14, 2011
Articles, Editorials, and Op-Eds
Here are the pieces from today and this weekend: